Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Improving Our Homeschool Plan - Week 1

I have many plans over the next couple of years to make our homeschool more structured and streamlined--such as chronological humanities study from ancient times to the present, a strong language arts program, lots of hands-on activities, games and field trips, a rich home ec education for dd4 (and myself), and a custom-built Bible curriculum, amongst other things (whew!). To get there, we are going to first of all need an overhaul in our organization systems in our home. It's a big job, but if we all work together, we'll get there by and by (praying for a miracle) :-).
So... I figure that getting organized is as good a place as any to start improving our homeschool.
To start down the road to get there, I have come up with a few goals to accomplish by the end of next week. (I work five out of the next six nights, starting with tonight, so I'm giving myself a little leeway on the time frame. After that, I plan on posting weekly goals.) My goals for this post are as follows:
1) Work at least two hours on cleaning and organizing the house every day that I am off work.
2) Clean our (dh's and mine) bedroom in the following phases --
* Find a home somewhere in the house for all my movies and put them there.
* Organize my desk and the area beneath it.
* Organize the space between my desk and the bed.
* Find homes for the books that are spread out to the left of my desk ~ 4 feet.
* Organize the rest of the area between my desk and dh's closet door.
* Organize the area between dh's closet door and the bed.
* Organize the area between the bed and the clothing shelves.
* Organize the area between the bed and my closet door.
* Organize the area between the bed and my dressing table.
* Organize the area between the bed and the bathroom door.
* Organize the bookshelves.
* Organize the clothing shelves.
* Organize my dressing table.
* Organize my sewing cabinet.
* Organize my closet.
* Organize dh's closet.
* Set up a reading/breakfast nook in front of the bookshelves.
* Set up the bedside table.
3) Enlist dh as my assistant in this job.
I will post at least by the end of next week and let you know how all this went. Pray for me and ttfn.

0 comments: